At Somerset NHS Foundation Trust we share a mission to deliver outstanding care through a culture of listening, learning and continuous improvement. Our vision is to be an organisation that gets it right for our patients, carers, colleagues and communities through a culture of partnership, learning and continuous improvement.
The way that we work and our vision for our organisation is underpinned by our values – Outstanding care, Working together, Listening and leading. Our colleagues across all parts of our trust helped to develop these values and we use them in our work every day. Our values are at the heart of service planning, recruitment and the operational running of services for patients.
Our clinical objectives set out what we aim to achieve by integrating community, mental health and hospital services. We aim to:
- Provide safe, effective, high quality, person-centred care in the most appropriate setting.
- Deliver care closer to home in neighbourhood areas with an emphasis on self-management and prevention.
- Give equal priority to physical and mental health, and value all people alike.
- Improve outcomes for people with complex conditions through personalised, co-ordinated care.
Our corporate objectives are to get it right for our communities by:
- Promoting a culture of learning to transform and innovate services, including through digital working to improve safety, outcomes and efficiency.
- Delivering the benefits of integrated care in our merged organisation and work with primary care, social care, public health and voluntary sector partners to deliver integrated, high quality services.
- Working with partners to deliver the Fit for My Future strategy, prioritising prevention and neighbourhood working, to maintain a sustainable county health ecomony.
- Delivering levels of performance that are in line with our plans and national standards.
- Achieving long term financial sustainability, enabling investment in the delivery of outstanding care.
Our colleagues are the lifeblood of our services and we want to support and get it right for our colleagues by developing a workforce that is:
- Resourced appropriately, flexible and agile to support 7-day working and the provision of care in the right place.
- Diverse, engaged, rewarded and resilient, demonstrating the values and the behaviours we expect.
- Safe, confident and competent, to enable innovation and the provision of quality service.